Rules & etiquette
Mind your manners
It’s really as simple as that. As long as you exercise a little common sense and etiquette, you can ensure a successful trip for you and those who come after you. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- If you take something from a cache, leave something in return. Unless it’s trash — please take as much of that as you can carry.
- Keep things safe. Don’t leave behind explosives, ammunition, sharp objects, food/beverages or illegal substances.
- Keep things family friendly. Don’t leave obscene comments or materials behind for others.
- No digging allowed, and always respect local laws, including property boundaries. “No trespassing” signs aren’t there for decoration.
- Never move or remove a cache. Log any issues with damaged caches, missing logbooks or inaccurate cache information. The cache’s owner should determine what to do next.
- Don’t point out cache locations to people who aren’t geocachers. They'll just ruin our fun.
- Exercise the principles of Leave No Trace. Caches should contain the only record of your visit.
Review the guidelines for hiding caches before you attempt to stash one.Next: About us »